Now I'd like to share, in no particular order, some of my favorite Christmas songs with you. Instant mood changer, I swear.
- "Christmas Eve Sarajevo" - Trans Siberian Orchestra… Man, this always gets my heart pumping like I could kick somebody's ass. Watch out.
- "Baby It's Cold Outside" - Lots of versions of this one but I'd say Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan is my fav. Maybe I can get the Tot to sing a duet of this one since it's not really Christmas-y. It's also in my favorite Christmas movie, "Elf"… I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite.
- "Santa Baby" - Eartha Kitt - It's the anti-Christmas song but in a good way. You can't help but sing it with an amused smile and a come hither stare. Too much? Sorry, back to the list…
- "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" - Jackson 5
- "Last Christmas" - Wham!… because it's freaking Wham! and gets me singing and dancing like George Michael - 80s Edition of course.
- "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - She & Him - Zooey Deschanel has an angelic voice. PS She's in "Elf" (see above).
- The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to you)- Nat King Cole
- "All I Want for Christmas is you" - The original and ah-mazing, Ms. Mariah Carey nails it every time, sorry, don't want to hear the Justin Beiber version *shutter*. BUT, I will say that Olivia Olson's version from Love Actually is pretty close. I mean, that girl has some pipes and she's what, 10?
Speaking of Love Actually… it's probably my favorite movie. Aren't I such a girl? Seriously, I could watch that damn movie a million times, bawl my eyes out each and every time AND still want to see it again. And who doesn't freaking love the combination of laughter and love. Goo.