Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ahh, but it's cold outside

I have a confession… I still listen to Christmas music. Does that make me a bad Jew? Don't answer that. Nater says it's okay because I grew up with it (and if you didn't know I like to sing at the top of my lungs anytime acceptable). He's so smart. It also instantly puts me in a good mood. Making dinner tonight I put on Music Choice and instead of putting on my normal Party Favorites I went with Holiday Hits. Woooo… I always forget how much I love Christmas music until this time of the year comes around. I better find that radio station that plays the "Christmas Song" by the Chipmunks on repeat before it's too late. 


Now I'd like to share, in no particular order, some of my favorite Christmas songs with you. Instant mood changer, I swear. 

  • "Christmas Eve Sarajevo" - Trans Siberian Orchestra… Man, this always gets my heart pumping like I could kick somebody's ass. Watch out. 
  • "Baby It's Cold Outside" - Lots of versions of this one but I'd say Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan is my fav. Maybe I can get the Tot to sing a duet of this one since it's not really Christmas-y. It's also in my favorite Christmas movie, "Elf"… I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite. 
  • "Santa Baby" - Eartha Kitt - It's the anti-Christmas song but in a good way. You can't help but sing it with an amused smile and a come hither stare. Too much? Sorry, back to the list…
  • "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" - Jackson 5
  • "Last Christmas" - Wham!… because it's freaking Wham! and gets me singing and dancing like George Michael - 80s Edition of course. 
  • "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - She & Him - Zooey Deschanel has an angelic voice. PS She's in "Elf" (see above). 
  • The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to you)- Nat King Cole
  • "All I Want for Christmas is you" - The original and ah-mazing, Ms. Mariah Carey nails it every time, sorry, don't want to hear the Justin Beiber version *shutter*. BUT, I will say that Olivia Olson's version from Love Actually is pretty close. I mean, that girl has some pipes and she's what, 10? 


Speaking of Love Actually… it's probably my favorite movie. Aren't I such a girl? Seriously, I could watch that damn movie a million times, bawl my eyes out each and every time AND still want to see it again. And who doesn't freaking love the combination of laughter and love. Goo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment