Thursday, December 22, 2011

No bees allowed!

I've been sick... I don't know what happened but my body has literally had enough of me for some reason. They came on Saturday... small, itchy blotches that I've come to know over the years as hives. I seem to get them when anything terribly stressful comes along like right before the wedding but never like this. By Sunday my feet and hands were swollen and I could barely walk. Monday came and I was told to go to the ER as my throat was swollen and they feared my breathing was in jeopardy. It was not as I could yell at Nathan to bring me my toothbrush and a bowl so I could brush my teeth in bed! Did I mention it hurt to walk? So even though I didn't think this was necessary; I also didn't want to wait any longer for someone to make these damn hives go away. After two hours of sitting, 5 minutes with a doctor, sitting some more, taking 2 benedryl, 5 minutes of answering questions from a nurse, sitting some more... then they sent me home. I continued to take 2 benedryl every 4 hours, 1 zantec every 12 hours, and 2 tylenol every 6 hours for the next two days... finally my hands started feeling normal again and I could walk! It was a miracle. No word on what had hit me like a ton of bricks. I hadn't eatten anything different, hadn't changed detergents, body washes, etc. It was freaking weird.


Now that I'm better I'm wondering how I can get Nathan to bring my toothbrush and a bowl to me from now on... any suggestions are greatly appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment